Monday, September 14, 2015

Short and Sweet Sunday Morning Session

Saturday was on off-day, but I did about 90 minutes of casual walking around Denver. It's a big weekend with lots of folks visiting from the Maryland and DC areas to support their soccer team and the Ravens. But Denver is flooded in Bronco orange, too. I love this time of year, when EPL soccer, NCAA football, and NFL football seasons are starting and hope springs eternal (even for those soon-to-be-disappointed Cowboy fans).

I slept eight hours on Friday night and had a 1-hour nap on Saturday morning. That was followed by a 9-hour sleep on Saturday night and another 9 hours on Sunday night. I'm still catching up from last weekend in Nashville, I guess.

That meant I was well rested for a Sunday upper body workout in the hotel. It was quick, 25 minutes, and I did:

1A) Decline Pause Pushups - New record of 23
1B) Pause Pullups

2A) DB CSR
2B) DB Overhead Press

That was enough. It's an off-week. No heavy squats, bench, or deadlifts till next Sunday morning back in Stratford.

My upper back is still a little sore from Friday's PB deadlifts of 225x15 after 5 sets of 5 with a heavier weight, too.

I added in another long walk on Sunday morning around the Mile High City, and then today I experimented with some high-rep leg work at the gym. Also did some arms.

1) Density Squats - Back-to-back sets of increasing weight and decreasing reps and then one back off set: 15,12,12,8,5,12

2) Density RDL - Same

3) Barbell Curls dropset

4) Triceps dropset

Good times. All done in 35 minutes. Legs were a little shaky after, and heart rate was high during those first 2 exercises.

On Tuesday I head back to the farm and I'll do some experimental TT garage gym sessions (keeping the intensity low) as well as lots of dog walks, some bike rides, and stretching.

Make sure you head over here to get my New-and-Improved Power Hour routine for busy mornings.
=> http://www.earlytorise.com/51861-2/

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tip:
"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs...If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you...If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster, And treat those two impostors just the same...Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it." – Rudyard Kipling

No more struggles,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT





No comments: