Tuesday, October 06, 2015

Deadlifting in Denver

Today was pre-workout caffeine prior to a deadlift workout. Not a bad session. Post-workout was Dr. Peter Osborne's Pea Protein (sweetened with stevia). It smells 5x's better than it tastes, although it doesn't taste too bad.

There was also some stevia or erythritol in the flavored almond butter that I had with my breakfast bowl. I won't be buying it again. I'd rather use plain almond butter and honey. Although the vanilla-flavored Justin's almond butter I had on Saturday was amazing. I might buy that again.

Still no booze. I'll be offered plenty in Vegas next week, but don't see any reason to drink. There will be a lot of meat eating though! And that's why I'm going Paleo-Vegan until Monday.

My deadlift workout went like this:

1A) Hang Clean
1B) Mobility

2A) Deadlift - Worked up to 335 a
2B) Mobility

3) Deadlift - 225 for 16 (personal best)

4A) Military Press - 115x5 with 10 second hold overhead on final rep
4B) Snatch Grip Deadlift

Good times.

Now it's a deload week.

Today's CLASSIC Kickbutt Mindset Tip:
Whatever is in your way, you're stronger than it, you're tougher than it, and you're better than it. You're going to beat it. You must truly believe in yourself. You must end the "I'll give this a try" mindset, and switch to an, "I'm going to succeed" belief. You CAN - and WILL - do it. I believe in you!

Keep going,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT

No comments: