Saturday, October 10, 2015

Denver Diet and Experimental Exercise

Experimental workout today preceded with pre-workout caffeine. In hindsight I should have trained earlier and without the caffeine. And I should have gone to the big gym (not the hotel gym) to use the rowing machine. I totally forgot about that. Dang.

My experimental workout was based on some ideas from this:
- https://www.t-nation.com/training/stretching-is-dead-a-better-method

I did the Pulldowns and DB Presses in slow eccentric style, along with DB Chest-Supported Rows and some other meathead stuff.

Back to diet. I guarantee there will be no caffeine tomorrow, Sunday, because it's a travel day, and I avoid caffeine when flying. I prefer to nap, either in the car to the airport or on the plane.

It makes the trip go by a little faster. :)

My no-plastic-water-bottles streak continues. It was easy in Denver thanks to the local Mod Market restaurant that sold www.BoxedWater.com for less than $2 per box.

Aside from filling my S'Well bottle with tap water, I'm not sure what I'll do in Vegas. Hopefully I can find one of these...

5 best options for non-caloric drinks that avoid plastic bottles are:

a) VOSS or Evian water (sold in glass bottles)
b) Boxed Water
c) tap water
d) sparkling water (in glass bottles)
e) cold, decaf tea

And one diet side note...I had a little treat with breakfast... Justin's chocolate hazelnut butter. That stuff is so good. Double Dang.

Finally, here's the last word on diet today...

If you stumbled last night…I understand. It's the weekend... and innocent Friday night Happy Hours turn into 3 hour feasts of cheeseburgers, tacos, and pizza. Or you give yourself permission to enjoy an extra treat because you deserved it for getting through a tough week… That's fine. We all do this. No worries. So if you stumbled last night... or even if you eat too much tonight, always remember, you can FIX it. A big meal doesn't have to make you feel guilty. Today is a NEW day... another chance to start again. Stay positive. Take action. And never, EVER give up on what is important to you.

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tip:
Tighten up your routine. Spring clean your schedule. Don't let bad habits slip back into your life. Remove the bad. Add the good. Focus on what is right for your family, friends, health & wealth.

Push on,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT

PS - Don't miss this:

- http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=13643

No comments: