Thursday, November 19, 2015

Deadlifting without irony

Today was a slightly different breakfast, but still had pre-workout caffeine before a deadlift session. Yesterday I was just thinking, I've only had 3 drinks since late August, and those were all at dinner in Vegas with Bedros.

No artificial sweeteners today, either, and still no plastic bottles or Coke Zeros, of course.

Breakfast was coconut oil, then walnuts, half a banana, and Almond-Hazelnut-butter and more walnuts all layered in a bowl.

It's amazing how long that "Paleo cereal" can keep you satisfied. Somedays I don't feel like eating for 6 hours. I can see where the Bulletproof coffee guy is on to something.

But since I don't drink coffee, I guess it's Bulletproof Cereal for me. Or as I prefer to call it, Yummy Cereal.

Because it's so satisfying, I've moved my workout time back. Each morning, when I'm in Toronto, I have a work meeting (video call) at 10:30am, so I either have to train before or after. Training before was uncomfortable because I was too full. So I recently switched to after and it's been working out great.

Details on today's training session...

1A) Hang Clean
1B) Mobility

2A) Trap Bar Deadlift - PB of 315x10
2B) Mobility

3A) CSR
3B) Leg Curl

I'll save Military Press for a garage workout tomorrow (where I'll sub in KB 1-Arm Presses and finish with some arms and abs).

Saturday will be off (big walk in the cold weather that is coming) and then Sunday will be back under the bar for a Squat workout.

While I was training I saw something ironic. A girl was working out in Vibrams (not ironic), but doing Smith Machine Squats and Machine Leg presses. Seems ironic to be wearing a shoe built for 'natural movement' and then doing exercises that lock your body into a fixed plane.

Methinks she's drinking the kool aid without thinking.

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tip:
"Set aside a certain number of days, during which you shall be content with the scantiest and cheapest fare, with course and rough dress, saying to yourself the while: Is this the condition that I feared?" — Seneca

Go on,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT

PS - Every action either moves you closer to or further away from your goals.

Choose wisely.

No comments: