Friday, November 13, 2015

My best and not best ever

Ewww. Sugar Free Red Bull. That was all I could scavenge for pre-workout caffeine today, and I needed it before a monster deadlift session. Managed to drink half a can, which was just enough to power me through a great workout at 5am here in Denver.

Not a great diet decision, but at least I know I won't be making that mistake again in the future.

Everything else is dialed in though, with a Paleo-Vegan day and no booze. The only drinks I've had in this entire Transformation Contest were the 3 I had with Bedros in Vegas. Just not interested anymore.

Tomorrow will be a CASS-Free travel day back to the farm.

Today's workout went like this:

1A) Hang Clean
1B) Mobility

2A) Deadlift - 275x5x10
2B) Mobility

3A) Military Press
3B) Leg Curl

While I was deadlifting, a young man used the rack beside me to do hang cleans with terrible form. They were violent reverse curls. He won't be able do any 12oz curls this weekend. It was uuuuuuuuuugly.

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tip:
Identify temptations and obstacles that must be eliminated, and match your energy levels with the toughest tasks in your day. The more you know about yourself and apply this info, the better your results. ........... Surround yourself with the right people, always. Cut the negativity. Get rid of the energy drainers. Stick to your schedule. Have clarity of purpose. Do what is right for you, your team, and your family. Never ever give up on what is important to you. You can - and WILL - do it.

I believe in you,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT

PS - People are calling this my best ever...

...essay for ETR. It's a little sad, so be forewarned.

=> http://www.earlytorise.com/preparing-for-the-death-of-a-parent/

1 comment:

Angel said...

That is really monstrous. Quite effective the time you have chosen to do so. Please do share your daily workout routine.