Tuesday, May 03, 2016

Fat Finger Squats

Today we've got a squat update, a giant fat finger, a hot flash tip, and paranoia that I will be walking funny tomorrow. Enjoy!

Alright, let's start with... the giant fat finger. What's up with that?

Well, during my bodyweight rows today I broke a blood vessel in my F.U. finger on my left hand. (Wait, it's not called an F.U. finger? Then what is it called in medical terms?)

Anyways, the squat workout went like this...

1A) Squat
1B) Box Jump
1C) Bodyweight Row

2A) DB Split Squat
2B)

The workout called for a final set of squats at 205 for 20 reps. It was enjoyable in a weird way, but I used a slightly wider than normal stance my adductors got worked in a way they haven't for a long time.

Tomorrow the truth shall be revealed... I will likely have major DOMS.

Okay, now for your...

HOT Flash Alert...

Last month we had an interesting discussion about dealing with Hot Flashes. Well, yesterday I was reading Women's World magazine (as I do every week!) and they had a great tip....

According to the Mayo Clinic, drinking hot, caffeinated beverages increases the risk of hot flashes.

THEREFORE, the magazine recommended drinking iced green tea. It's cold, contains less caffeine, and also has L-theanine, a compound associated with lowering stress.

I hope that helps!

***
And that's why I read Women's World every week... to help YOU! Then to make up for reading Women's World, I watched some NASCAR and shot at a few paint cans with my dad's old rifle. :)

Hahaha, j/k. No offense meant to anyone!

*****

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tip:

Plan ahead. Know your obstacles. Identify at least 2 solutions for each roadblock. For example, for your diet, do your shopping and cooking and meal prep on the weekends, so that during your busy week you have your meals ready…and you avoid vending-machine regret. For your workouts, always have one of my no-equipment short, burst circuits at the ready…for when you can’t get to your normal routine. You can succeed if you plan and prepare. No excuses. Let’s go!

Go time,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT

No comments: