Monday, August 22, 2016

Sunday Crush

Well I was feeling pretty crushed on Sunday morning after my third workout back here in Denver.


I felt strong during the workout, so the time out of the gym seemed to have helped.


It's also led to a little more soreness than usual, but I'll take that trade-off.


Sunday AM session went like this...


1a) Power Clean

1b) Mobility


2a) Squat

2b) Mobility


3a) Good Morning

3b) OH Squat


Part of my fatigue comes from my inability to sleep well in Denver over the last few nights.


I'm not sure if it's the altitude or something in my apartment, but I'm doing everything right to get to sleep each night. No caffeine for over 12 hours before bed... no electronics for 90 minutes before bed... no heavy meals for hours before bed... no alcohol at all.


Fortunately Sunday night was better.


Today was a yoga circuit for recovery, and then I had a lot of early morning interviews to promote The Perfect Day Formula.


Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tip:

"Satisfaction is the end of the line. It will kill any desire you have left within you. It will stagnate your growth and evolution. Once you become satisfied you'll stop improving and if your not growing, you're dying. Words and thoughts like: "I'm good enough", "I've done enough", "I'm successful enough" will lead you straight to the land of the mediocre. Never let your fight end. Never let your journey end. Don't just lay down, roll over, and decide that you've had enough. Always strive to do more and to be more. Always push the limit and live life to the fullest. Never rest. Never be satisfied." - Bobby Maximus


Stay hungry,


Craig Ballantyne, CTT



No comments: