Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Vegas Meathead Of Course

Yesterday was a great day in Vegas. I met up with some old friends in the financial newsletter world at the Stansberry Research conference.

Then at 4:30pm I hit the stage and gave my 5 Rules presentation. I should have some photos, and maybe even some video footage, soon.

For dinner we went to Bardot Brasserie in the Aria hotel. It's good. I rewarded myself with 2 duck wings (yes, duck wings instead of chicken wings) and some prosciutto. But the rest of my meal was on point => beet salad and grilled sea bass with potatoes.

However I have had a couple of tiny transformation slip-ups on this trip.

1) I've been trying to go no artificial sweeteners, but on my flight yesterday I needed to chew some gum...

...fortunately I've just found a couple of packs of Pur gum that are aspartame free... it uses xylitol instead.

2) I've also been drinking water from plastic bottles. The vegas tap water is not good, and I don't have a water bottle with built-in filter.

HOWEVER, I haven't used these mistakes as a reason to abandon the no-Coke Zero plan.

Back on 100% track tomorrow when I'm on the farm.

Didn't get a lot of sleep (6 hours) last night, but I manged 9 on Sunday night. And that was after a 30 minute nap on the plan. Today I fly home and I'm sure I'll get a nap on that flight too.

Today's meathead absolutely basics basic workout:

1A) DB 1-Arm Standing Shoulder Press
1B) DB 1-Arm Row

2A) DB Curl
2B) DB Triceps Extension

Lately I've been sticking to 3x6 for almost every exercise. Going to try this for a couple of months to see if the strength goes up and up. Good times.

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tips:
“It's amazing what you can accomplish if you simply refuse to quit.” – Porter Stansberry ...

No matter what is in your way, do NOT quit now. If you stop, you'll always wonder, "What if?" So keep on going. You're almost there. Push and persist.

... “The pain of discipline weighs ounces, but the pain of regret weighs tons.” – Jim Rohn


Focus,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT

No comments: