Thursday, November 03, 2016

Training Ouch and Morning Advice

Ugh. I did something to my left rear-delt and trap yesterday. It might have been from poor head posture on a set of pullups. Everything is sore and tight, but I did a lot of stretching after yesterday's workout and it wasn't as bad this morning as I was expecting.

The workout looked like this:

1A) 1-Arm KB Overhead Press (felt fine doing this)
1B) Pull-up with Knee-up (this caused the tightness)

2A) Pushups (this was ok)
2B) Row (this was fine)

I did a lot of stretching and rolling after, and even while on the plane from Denver to San Antonio, and every hour or so.

Today I'll do a yoga session, tomorrow is another "off day", and then I should be alright for a Saturday lift.

I'll be taking a break from pullups for a while.

Ok...here's a cool conversation I had on FB yesterday that I wanted to share with you...

Question: If there one piece of advise you can give to a trainer just like me that will inspire and change his business, what will that be, please?

My Answer:

Get up 15 minutes earlier every day and work on your #1 priority. That's what I did EVERY day as a trainer back in 2002... I got up at 4:30am and hustled... figuring out a way to get more clients and share my Turbulence Training programs with the world... and still making it to the gym on time for my first client at 6am!

Then I trained from 6am to 12pm, did my own workout, had lunch, and trained from 3pm to 8pm.

I was FRIED at the end of the day, but I was still in my 20's... so I could handle it for a couple of years...

And then in 2006 I hired a coach and he helped me take Turbulence Training to the world... and well, here we are!

That's just a part of my story.

I'll tell the rest of it at Fitness Business Summit 2017, March 24-27, in San Diego, hosted by my great friend, Bedros Keuilian.




Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tip:
Did you do your best last week? Are you prepared to do your best today? Spend time tonight putting together a plan so that you can do your best tomorrow. Control what you can. Concentrate on what counts.

Push on,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT

PS - And a classic from Kekich...

"People will do almost anything to stay in their comfort zones. If you want to accomplish anything, get out of your comfort zone. Strive to increase order and discipline in your life. Discipline usually means doing the opposite of what you feel like doing. The easy roads to discipline are 1) setting deadlines, 2) discovering and doing what you do best and what's important and enjoyable to you and 3) focusing on habits by replacing your bad habits and thought patterns, one-by-one, over time, with good habits and thought patterns." - Kekich Credo #1


No comments: