Monday, March 06, 2017

Test Results Are in!

Saturday's physical was fun times in Toronto. I frightened the staff with my alarmingly low resting heart rate (40bpm), impressed them with my blood pressure (110/75) and estimated VO2Max (over 50 ml/kg/min), and wow'd them by beating their low standards for pushups, cardio tests, body fat levels (i'm up to an all-time high of 11%!).

Some other physical anomalies about ol' CB:
- I'm going deaf at low frequences and my left ear is worse than my right, but my hearing in the human voice/conversation range is fine.
- My fingernails look really weird. Always have.
- I have really poor circulation in my fingers (hopefully just Reynaud's)
- My HDL (good cholesterol) is off the charts... possibly the highest the doctor has ever measured in the clinic
- My eyesight is almost perfect (Thanks LASIK!)
- The nutritionist told me to stop eating so many protein bars... I don't get it, what's wrong with 4 protein bars per day.
- And YES, I am 5'9! (I spent the first 35 years of my life thinking I was 5'8.)

Ha, and then the personal trainer (who administered the pushups test) asked me if I did Crossfit.

I told her "No, but I know a 'little bit' about exercise."

The testing lasted about 4 hours and it's great to now have a set of baseline scores for the rest of my life.

I'll probably go back in 3 years, or two if something changes dramatically.

Yesterday I got back in the gym on a new program. After a big breakfast at the hotel in Toronto, and after posting another video on my Instagram page:

=> https://www.instagram.com/realcraigballantyne

I drove back to the YMCA in Stratford for a late morning workout.

1A) Hang Clean
1B) Mobility

2A) Deadlift
2B) Box Jump

3A) Front Squat
3B) Leg Curl

Not bad, but I still know I can get my strength up.

After that we filmed Bally's first video for Instagram.

Today I'll hit an upper body session in the garage gym. Tuesday is lower body in the garage gym, and then Wednesday we're taking my mom to Miami for her 75th birthday.

The trip will be like "The Golden Girls Go on Vacation"... although my mom will stay up way later than me each night. LOL. We have lots of great restaurants to visit and we'll hit South Beach on Friday, Golden-Girls style.

(I'm obviously Sophia. )

Until then, lots of work to do... so get going!

Struggling?

Here's how to Beat Procrastination
=> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eAN2w69ThE

By the way, if you're over 40, you should get a physical, have a cardiovascular stress test, hire a trainer to test your fitness and take your body fat, get your blood measured, and (if you're over 45) get a colonoscopy. (I had one when I was 38 because of family history. It's not that bad, trust me.)

Take care of yourself for your sake, your family's sake, and peace of mind.

It's just another disciplined action to make your life easier.

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tip:
Discipline and short-term pain equals progress and long-term gain, while long-term pain comes from lacking short-term discipline. If you sleep through the alarm, you regret it all day. If you get up with the alarm, you suffer for 3 minutes, but win your morning and own your day. You control your time and conquer the chaos of the world. => www.FreePerfectDayBook.com






Talk soon,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT

No comments: